Buying eco-friendly cleaning products is one way to get closer to being green. In addition, you can certainly use some of the following green cleaning tips to help you lower the use of chemicals and keep your house cleaner and greener! Nothing complicated, just natural and accessible ingredients.
- You probably heard or even use this old trick before, but as a reminder, vinegar and water do wonders to clean mirrors and windows.
- You should also try to use vinegar to clean your shower curtains, put the solution vinegar/water in a spray bottle and keep the mildew away!
- Also, if you are experiencing hard water problems, try adding 1 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle of your dishwasher, you will be surprised how it will get rid of spotting on dishes.
- This tip also works every time: if you want to clean your coffee spot thoroughly, use vinegar. Poor vinegar and water in the coffee maker like you are making coffee and let it run through, the results will amaze you.
- Not only it is eco-friendly, but also cheap, use a few cotton balls or rag soaked with rubbing alcohol and wipe your faucets to keep them clean and sparkly.
- Also, you will like the way your granite kitchen counters look after you mix water and rubbing alcohol (50/50). Keep a spray bottle with that mixture available at all times.
- If you have vinyl flooring or furniture, try to use lemon juice and soak your cloth in it, you will be happy to found out how easy you can remove some stains.
- It is also possible to polish your wooden furniture by mixing 2 parts of olive oil with 1 part lemon juice and apply it to your furniture using a soft cloth. You will enjoy the fresh smell and this will leave your furniture shining.
- Don’t struggle anymore trying to find the right chemical product to clean your stainless steel appliances, use baking soda! Make a paste with water and you will have a great degreaser to work with.
- Baking soda and vinegar work really well to unclog tub drain. Pour about ½ cup of baking soda down the drain first and then pour ½ cup of vinegar. For better results, keep the mix cover with a cup and let it sit overnight.
Be sure to help your friends and share these green cleaning tips with them!
Categorised in: blog
This post was written by joe